Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Original Wire Components for my Jewelry Designs


I am sure we all have a list of techniques to learn, books to read, things to do to improve our business. On my list of things to do or learn to do was to make components out of metal to complement my gemstones. I mean more than just the ordinary wire wrap links to join beads together. So I bought some wire and started. I soon realized I needed a lot of practice! And a lot of patience! The circles needed to look like circles and the swirls had to be with just the right amount of swirl. Sadly my first few attempts were not very pretty.

Then I read about Kira Nelson and her wire works www.beadinggem.com/2009/03/handmade-earring-supplies.html. She does it well, and obviously has had much more practice at this craft than I have or ever will.  So why not just support a fellow artisan, and soon I decided to put my precious time to creating jewelry with Kira Nelson's original wire works. I must say they were received well and soon snapped up by my customers. Here are a few of my creations using her Copper squiggles and Sterling heart ear wires. I got more and I will keep you posted as I create with them. In the meantime you can check out website for her creations.

I will be glad to custom design jewelry for you using similar components and gemstones of your choice.

2 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It looks like you've got off to a good start. Remember that it all takes time to build a blog (did you check out my past post on 7 Easy ways to grow a jewelry blog?).

Regina said...

Thanks, Pearl. I am re-reading your postings on blogging all over again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails