Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Design Contest from Happy Mango Beads

I found Happy Mango Beads through an advertisement in a bead magazine and was thrilled at the selection of exotic beads they carry from far-a-way lands. They have ancient beads and modern day beads, the store is a history lesson on beads!

Some of the purchases I made from them resulted in this memorable necklace, using a handcrafted brass face mask and recycled sandcast glass beads from Ghana in West Africa.



Happy Mango Beads is now sponsoring a beading contest and the theme is 'Songs of Summer'


You must hurry as the contest deadline is August 6, 2010. The categories that you can enter in are as follows:

Summertime Blues  - all shades of blue
Under the Sea – seashells, coral, pearls, fish
California Sun – yellows that feel like sunshine, touches of orange and red
Hot Fun in the Summertime – fun & funky!
Kokomo – a tropical flare using colors such as: lime, aqua, hot pink, orange or coconut wood
Saturday in the Park – green grass, leaves, blue/green ponds, specks of floral
Rocky Mountain High – nature inspired, gemstones
Under the Boardwalk – wood, recycled glass
Summer in the City – metals, glass, ceramic
Tiptoe through the Tulips – think flowers! 

That pretty much covers every creative avenue, and you do not have to use beads purchased from Happy Mango Beads!

The overall winner gets a $100 gift certificate to Happy Mango Beads, while winners of each category get a $25.00 gift certificate to be used at the store. Check out the contest rules and lets get beading!

9 comments:

DVArtist said...

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
Have a great weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Lovely piece!

Thanks for the cat caption. Made me laugh!

Lisa Crone said...

Great info and LOVE the necklace, I can't stop looking at it! :)

Pretty Things said...

That's a REALLY great necklace.

Anonymous said...

Lovely necklace. I too purchase beads from Happy Mango beads. They have a great selection and their customer service is great.

elisabeth said...

Love the necklace - and I wanted to say thanks for the nice comments you've made on my blog - much apprecaited for a newbie like me!

steufel said...

Wow - that necklace is really cool!

Cindy said...

Beautiful necklace!!
I'm not familiar with Happy Mango, although I've heard of them. Sure wish I had time to enter that great contest... thanks for sharing the info!
Cindy

Regina said...

Thank you everyone for your comments. This posting won me a $25 gift certificate from Happy Mango Beads! I am going to get me some Turquoise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails