Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Colors of Fall - II - Pink, Purple and Green

Back in October, I posted the first of my designs for the Artbeads.com Colors of Fall design assignment  since then fall has left us and yes, its winter now, but somehow I could not get this piece together until this weekend. I hope you like the results. The colors I chose were inspired by Pantone's Woodbine colors by Peter Som.



I have not used much silk or fibers in my jewelry and I wanted very much to add some silk into this design. I started with a Blacklip Shell Rectangle Pendant, from Lillypilly, with a beautiful green and purple swirling wavy design. Lillypilly makes these gorgeous intricately etched shell pendants in a variety of shapes and sizes, beautifully colored and lightweight. Some of the smaller sized pendants make great earrings.

I made the bail for this pendant from Czech glass fire-polished rondelles of Peridot and Amethyst swirls. The beaded necklace was a mix green freshwater pearls mixed with larger Tourmaline Green and Purple rondelles and the little peridot and amethyst swirl rondelles. Artbeads.com carries a wide variety of  Czech Pressed Glass beads, almost in any color and shape that one could want and the prices are easy on the budget too.

For the clasp, I decided to check out their lead-free, made in the USA Pewter clasps, and I picked an antique silver plated Pewter hook and eye clasp to close the necklace. The wide selection of pewter clasps provides a nice alternative considering the rising costs of precious metal clasps.





















I checked out their selection of Ribbons and picked out this beautiful hand-dyed silk Hydrangea ribbon around the bead necklace. This silk ribbon came with the splashes of green, pink and purple that I was looking for and the clasp conveniently had two rings that the silk ribbon could be slipped through. I love how the beads peep from under the silk ribbon! The best part of this design is that it can be worn with the ribbon or not. I like it with the ribbon, what do you think?

The earrings are a simple trio of the different beads I used in the necklace on a sterling silver Fleur de Lis lever back.

Do not forget to check the great designs, albums I and II submitted by Artbeads.com design partners, fellow beaders like me who use a variety of beads and supplies from Artbeads.com, to get their creative juices flowing.

Disclosure: Some of the beads described above I have received free of charge from Artbeads.com.
I have been asked to review these beads/supplies and give my honest opinion of them.  I am not being paid by Artbeads.com for my endorsement of any of the products received and reviewed in my blog postings.

3 comments:

Esme said...

I love this color collection of green and pink.

moonlitfantaseas said...

thank you for stopping by my blog, and I hope your Christmas is as merry and bright as mine is promising to be!.......your jewelery is beautiful!

Pretty Things said...

oh WOW but I love how you wrapped the pearls! Excellent idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails